Deadline: January 6, 2021
Apply for the Youth in Development Boot Camp and Fellowship for young African leaders 2021.
The second edition of the Boot Camp and Fellowship for Youth in Development is available to young African leaders participating in urban development and leading to the achievement of socio-economic development through various African communities. The 2021 Youth Entrepreneurship Boot Camp and Fellowship will take place on a simulated basis and is open to young adults between the ages of 18-35. Kindly, frankly and correctly complete this form. To ensure the protection of your responses and transition at the point of submission, you can work on the application offline. On January 6, 2020, this application will close by 11:59 pm WAT.
The Youth in Development Boot Camp and Fellowship offer skills and instruments for local leaders to start and lead social change efforts effectively. Many of this program’s graduates have stepped on to create sustainable and highly impactful social projects that are changing their societies’ socio-economic environments. With this rare career growth experience, Sozo Networks and the IMPACT Toolbox are delighted to host another cohort of excellent young Africans. The Effect Toolbox is enthusiastically sponsored by the Chicago Booth Business School’s Rustandy Center for Social Innovation, the University of Chicago’s Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and Booth North Carolina, U.S.A. Appalachian State University
Why we are encouraging you to apply?
A 3-day virtual boot camp will include one hundred (100) youth leaders. Participants will develop their communication skills through this immersive learning process and gain awareness about contributing to positive social change. Such 100 (100) young adults will have the rare ability to learn directly from leaders of social progress with excellent track records and scholars from all around the world. The participants will become part of the formidable network of leaders of social transformation in the Effect Toolbox and Sozo Networks. Each individual will apply an action plan at the conclusion of the boot camp and a social enterprise concept idea that represents what they have experienced. Twenty (20) of the participants will become Youth in Development (YID) Fellows for 2021 on the basis of the content of their action plans and the idea for a social enterprise concept.
- Free access to online courses costing over $1200
- Opportunity to pitch for seed financing of up to $ 3000
- Exclusive mentorship and one-to-one workshops on policy
- Link from other parts of the planet to peer collaborators
- Exclusive opportunities for networking
- Are you admissible?
- Have a Positive Reform Proposal or Plan
- Be from 18-35 years of age on or before the deadline for submissions.
- Be a resident of an African nation and remain on the continent
- Be fluent in English reading, writing, and speaking
- Be online from 25 to 27 February 2021 to engage in a 3-day boot camp.
- Willing to postpone instruction to at least ten (10) other persons
- The review of applications will begin after the submission deadline of January 6, 2021.
- Good applicants will be contacted in the first week of February 2021 upon our assessment and verification.
- After the boot camp for continued career learning experience and mentorship focused on the nature of their social enterprise proposals, twenty 20 YID Fellows will later be shortlisted.
HOW TO APPLY