Entrepreneurs, business owners, startups are invited to apply for the Youth in Business Program in South Africa for the 2020 cycle to boost their business skills.
This new initiative aims to create an atmosphere in which young people obtain an in-depth, hands-on learning experience with technology resources available to help grow and expand their businesses. It is targeted at young entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain, Mfuleni, and surrounding areas.
The initiative gives these young people the skills they need to develop and expand their companies to become economically sustainable.
The training curriculum for Youth in Business includes:
- 10 weekly sessions-1 x 2-3 hours of weekly sessions in Bandwidth Barn Khayelitsha. The workshops are conducted in Barn Khayelitsha (Lookout Hill). The youth have been introduced to this agenda in order to support their business activities across a wide and adapted range of powerful online and interactive programs and platforms.
- A 10-month online curriculum to help you develop your business skills and create your own company.
- Networking tools to help you expand your business with other companies, experts, and coaches.
- Invitations and networking tools for habitats.
- Most of the modules are conducted by knowledgeable facilitators who have years of experience and have implemented these tools in their businesses creating a space where interactions are both practical and educational.
- As a result, these young entrepreneurs will benefit from a network of highly skilled facilitators and mentors with real experience. The program allows them to become successful entrepreneurs by providing them with a platform to implement efficient systems and processes through the effective usage of tech products and services that enable growth, sustainability and the room to scale. Growth in their businesses holds the possibility of not only assisting in their revenue generation capacity but also enabling in the creation of job opportunities for others in their communities.
- Each participant will also benefit from Citi’s ecosystem events and will have connectivity and access to a co-working space as well as the lab at Khayelitsha Bandwidth Barn.
- Entrepreneurs must be aged between 18 and 35
- Business must be 100% Black youth-owned
- Business must be operational (not in ideation phase)
- Entrepreneurs must reside in the following locations: Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain, Mfuleni, Philippi and Langa, Delft, Eeste river, Macasssar and surrounding areas
- Must have a desire to learn and introduce technology into their business
- Must commit to the full YIB Programme (2-hour weekly training over 10 weeks, followed by a 10-month online course).
HOW TO APPLY
Young entrepreneurs who would like to take part in the Youth in Business program must submit their applications on the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative’s website www.citi.org.za or like and follow the Khayelitsha Bandwidth Barn Facebook page for news and updates. After your application is received, you will be invited to a telephonic or/and an in-person interview, which will determine if you are selected to take part in the program.