|⌛️ Deadline(s): 31 May (For Trimester 2), 30 November (For Trimester 1)|
📝 Scholarship Level: School leaver / 1st year; Masters Research; Postgraduate; Masters by coursework
⌚️ Tenure: One year
🏆 Value: $5,000 or $10,000. See additional information
🌍 Eligibility: International Students
The Tongarewa Scholarship honors the devotion of the University to our international student culture. We give international students a range of these scholarships every year. It is a small tax-based grant that is paying towards your one-year tuition charge. Applicants may either start their first-degree year or pursue a postgraduate program at the University of Victoria in Wellington.
Scholarships are awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence. They apply to study in the year following application and will be credited to tuition fees. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide additional information to support their application. Recipients of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by their deadline
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The Value of the scholarship is $5,000 or $10,000 for one academic year.
- The scholarship is for international students who are paying full international fees
- Students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- Completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme)
- Are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- Are in your second or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington
HOW TO APPLY
- Process one: Apply for admission
- Process Two: Apply for the Scholarship
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.