Deadline: December 28, 2020
Diaconia Microfinance Deposit-taking Institution Inc. (DMDI) is a limited liability company. The Institution being the first initiative in Africa of Alliance Microfinance AS (AMAS), Norway, is here to help small businesses to succeed in their drive to create for themselves a middle-income status through the provision of microfinance services in both urban and rural areas of Liberia. The Institution supports micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in sectors such as small skill manufacturers, home improvement/new home construction, wholesale and retail traders. DMDI is based on Christian diaconal principles of service to those in need.
REPORTS TO : HEAD OF OPERATIONS
DUTY STATION : MONROVIA/REDLIGHT
TELLER ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tellers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service including efficient and accurate transaction processing.
- Receives monies into customers’ accounts i.e. deposits-cash, loan repayments, or other means of moving money;
- Pay monies from customers’ accounts i.e. withdrawals, disbursements, and other payments;
- Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary:
- Assist in ordering receiving a verifying and distributing cash;
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained;
- Promotes bank products and services;
- Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers, and co-workers;
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow;
- Contribute to the fulfillment of Department and company Objectives and goals
- Comply with all department and company policies procedures and regulations;
- Other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills attentiveness, information retention, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Mathematical skills
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, a high degree of accuracy
- Competence with computers, telephone 10-key calculator and other office machinery\
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
Deadline of submission 28 December 2020 at the hour of 4: pm prompt. Please send soft copies to the following email address: email@example.com Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.