Deadline: August 12, 2020
The Government of the Republic of Liberia established the National Center for the Coordination of Response Mechanism (NCCRM) consistent with Article 58 (F) of the ECOWAS Revised Treaty (1993) on Regional Security which stipulates that the Member States undertake to work to safeguard and consolidate relations conducive to the maintenance of peace and security in the region. In furtherance of the implementation of the regulations of the NCCRM as adopted by the Authority of Heads of State and Government, the NCCRM seeks a suitable candidate to fill the below-listed positions.
Information and Communication Technology Officer
Reporting to the Director of the Center, the IT officer will be responsible for the functioning of information and communication systems of the Center. He/she will:
- Provide a feasible institutional framework for the designing, installation, commissioning and maintenance of a complete network communication package which includes but not limited to a secure intranet with dedicated electronic mail service, PABX satellite telephony, and VSAT network solution (video conferencing, data broadcasting, LAN interconnection, voice, and fax transmission).
- Oversee the installation, maintenance, and upgrading of the various software applications and SQL database applications within the Center.
- Manage the database of the Center.
Qualification and Experience
A Bachelor of Science degree in any of the fields of Information technology and plus a minimum of five (4) years relevant professional experience or a higher degree in any of these disciplines plus three (3) years relevant professional experience. Relevant IT certifications are highly desirable.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Ms. Power Point, Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team player.
- Good self and time management skills.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Pro-active management outlook.
- Capable of troubleshooting and providing maintenance and desktop support
Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and knowledge of Governmental operations
Qualified and interested applicants should address their applications along with resume and relevant copies of educational credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Note: Absolutely no phone contacts while the process is ongoing.
The deadline for all applications is August 12, 2020, Qualified females are hardly encouraged to apply.