Deadline: June 25, 2020
Action Against Hunger is an international network (Paris, New York, London, Toronto, Madrid, and New Delhi) committed to ending world hunger.
Action Against Hunger (AAH) has been working in Liberia since 1991 with the purpose to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people, at first during the emergencies and then in a more development setting, until the 2014 Ebola outbreak and the emergency it generated in the country. AAH interventions in Liberia aim at improving the nutrition security of the population, with particular focus on children under-five and pregnant and lactating women. AAH aims at doing so by implementing multi-sectorial programs, which encompass direct nutrition intervention and prevention activities to address the underlining causes of undernutrition, i.e. poor health, food insecurity, poor care practices, and poor access to water and sanitation. AAH also has an integrated advocacy strategy in the mission that cuts across all the sectors
Action Against Hunger is recruiting an ICT officer to support the effective use of IT and telecommunications equipment on the mission for the COVID-19 response. The position is based in Monrovia.
- Ensuring antivirus software usage guidelines are respected, that updates are deployed at individual
workstations and that antivirus protection is constantly monitored.
- Implement and Ensuring the data backup policy and related procedures across the entire mission;
- Installing and maintaining local networks (and other peripherals connected to the network.) in the mission
according to standards (router, Wifi AP, NAS server, Internet modem).
- Maintaining computers, printers/scanners and conducting daily/monthly checks to ensure that maintenance
tasks have been executed;
- Managing Relationship with external suppliers (maintenance and repair services, etc.);
- Ensure that all AAH assets, equipment, and premises Inventory are well maintained
- Training users on equipment and applications;
- Training users on the use of IT equipment and software.
- Diploma of further education in IT and at least 2 years’ professional experience in IT
- REQUIRED COMPETENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of the Windows operating system (Windows XP, Windows 7) and of Microsoft Office 2003 and 2010 – Good knowledge of IT equipment and maintenance – Able to network connects computers and peripherals and share resources (printers and files)
- Good knowledge of system security and network security – Good knowledge of wireless and network technologies – Good writing skills – Good understanding of data back-up
- Excellent skills in communications, knowledge transfer, and teaching – English desired – Very flexible and patient.
- Starting date: 15th July 2020
- Duration of contract: 12 month
- Monthly basic salary: between 806 USD and 838 USD based on profile
- Monthly transport allowance:75 USD
- Monthly education allowance: 90 USD
- Medical insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Send your motivation letter, CV with names of three (3) referees by email under the reference “ICT officer” to:
Note: The deadline for the receipt of applications is 25th June 2020. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be sorted on a rolling basis. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply