Deadline: January 15, 2021
University of British Columbia Canada invites domestic and international students from all around the world to apply for their entrance scholarship for the academic semester of 2021.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is one of the top 20 public universities worldwide and has recently been listed as the most global university in North America. Our motto Tuum Est has been since 1915 a statement of our commitment to attracting and supporting those who are committed to making a better world. This motto is Yours. As a consequence, Students, faculty, and employees of UBC continue to embrace new innovations and to challenge the status quo. UBC promotes positive thinking, creativity, and ambition to make the most of your ability.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to outstanding international students entering UBC university degree programs. Upon entering their first year at UBC, students receive their IMES and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years. The number and level of the scholarships awarded each year varies, depending on the funding available.
- Track record of community service and leadership.
- You Must Have a good GPA.
- You must enter the university for the first time from high school or college.
- Have sufficient knowledge of English or must be able to demonstrate your English language skills by the international English exam. Ex: IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- You must not be nominated for need and merit-based scholarship.
- Scholarship can be renewable for 3 academic years.
- Full tuition.
- Meet like-minded scholars worldwide.
- Gain international qualifications.
How to apply?
There is no separate application for the scholarship, all students that apply directly to the Unversity of British Columbia will be considered for the scholarship evaluation.