The pandemic of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), which affects health systems, public critical services and communities globally, is important. In order to tackle the crisis with a multisector, inclusive and human rights approach, UN agencies are working in close cooperation with national governments, civil organizations, the health sector, and industry.
UNV as a national UN volunteer welcomes trained experts to support the UN system’s response. Join efforts to alleviate the impact of this crisis on the economy, environment, and health and ensure the progress achieved towards the Sustainable Development Goals. When travel restrictions are lifted, foreign volunteer assignments will follow.
We invite you to register (or update your profile) with the UNV web application system and to join COVID-19 as a keyword in your motivation statement when you have skills and experience in any of the following fields:
- Health systems (epidemiologists, public health, health statisticians)
- Health supply chain (pharmacists, equipment, cold chain)
- Medical (medical officers, doctors, nurses, lab technicians)
- Medical waste management
- WASH (with a focus on hygiene)
- Psychosocial support (counseling)
- Emergency management and coordination
- Socio-economic & health assessment
- Gender-based violence
- Communications (incl. communications for development, communications in emergencies)
- Information management/Data analysis
- Monitoring & evaluation (ideally related to health and/or emergencies), and Reporting
- Child protection
- Economic development
- Candidates need to have at least two years of professional experience,
- Must be at least 22 years old for national UN Volunteer assignments,
- And at least 25 years old for international UN Volunteer assignments.
- Your profile should highlight any prior experience in health-related emergencies.
- Additional requirements will be described in the Descriptions of Assignment (equivalent to terms of reference)
- Duration: from 3-12 months (with the possibility of extension)
- Starting date: many will require candidates to be available at short notice (1-2 weeks)
- Conditions of service: monthly living allowance to cover housing, basic needs, and utilities; settling-in-grant; life, health, and permanent disability insurance; return airfares (if applicable).
- More details will be included in the specific descriptions of assignments and may vary depending on the volunteer category (national or international UN Volunteer; Specialist or Youth assignment).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online via the link below