Deadline: January 15, 2022
PyeongChang Youth Peace Challenge (YPC) 2022 is a peace and global citizenship education program in the form of essay and group debate for youths who are interested in engaging with peace-building and peace-making in the context of the UN Decade of Action to Deliver the SDGs by 2030 and the UN Declaration on the commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the UN in 2020. The YPC 2022 aims at empowering youths with learning opportunities to share their experiences and ideas about how to promote and build peace in their daily lives, communities and society in their country as well as internationally in accordance with the PyeongChang Peace Spirit born out of the historical PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
A modest amount of scholarship will be provided for the 10 winners of the YPC 2022 to support the implementation of their ideas and proposals in the essay.
- Grand Prize: 2,000 USD (1 individual or team)
- First Prize: 1,500 USD (2 individuals/teams)
- Second Prize: 1,000 USD (3 individuals/teams)
- Third Prize: 500 USD (4 individuals/teams)
- Type of Program: Essay contest and group debate. Those participants selected from the essay contest will be invited to join the group debate online.
- Working language: English
- Team composition: individual or a team of maximum 2 persons of any nationalities
- Eligibility Age: aged 15 to 27 (born between 1 Jan. 1994 and 31 Dec. 2006)
- Theme for the Essay: How to implement the proposals contained in the Our Common Agenda report of the UN Secretary General from a peace perspective as a youth in your country and/or internationally.