|⌛️ Deadline: Varies |
🇰🇷 Country: South Korea
📝 Level: Master’s and Doctoral Program
🏆 Funding: Fully Funded
ℹ️ More Info: Contact South Korea Embassy in Nigeria or Ghana
The Government of the Republic of Korea (South Korea) is offering a scholarship opportunity to students from around the world. About 1276 candidates worldwide will be offer scholarship slots for the academic year 2020/2021.
The Global Korea Scholarship is intended to give foreign students the opportunity to pursue their graduate education at higher education institutions in Korea, to encourage the foreign exchange of knowledge and to establish mutual friendship with Korea.
As in 2010, the incorporation and branding of Korean government scholarship programs into a global Korea scholarship, the name is now changed to GKS.
Benefits of the scholarship
- Entry to Korea: An economy class flight ticket from GKS scholar‟s home country to Korea
- Return: An economy class flight ticket from Korea to GKS scholar‟s home country
- Entry flight tickets will NOT be provided to newly selected scholars who have resided in Korea at the time of applying to this program and during the selection period.
- The return flight ticket is only offered to GKS scholars who successfully complete their degree coursework.
- The return flight is NOT offered to those who have withdrawn from the scholarship in the middle of their studies.
- Any fees domestic travel fees within a GKS scholar‟s home country are NOT covered.
- International travel insurance is NOT covered.
- or GKS scholars selected in China and the Czech Republic: The flight tickets will be prepared with the agreement made between the Korean government and the governments of two countries.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 1,000,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
○ Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester 18
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- The tuition amount covered by NIIED is a maximum of 5million KRW, and the amount that exceeds 5 million KRW will be covered by scholar‟s university.
- University Admission fees are waived for GKS scholars.
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- The actual printing cost shown on the receipt will be reimbursed (receipt submission required)
- The maximum reimbursable amount for each scholar: 500,000 KRW for Liberal Arts and Social
- Science majors, 800,000 KRW for Natural Science & Engineering and Arts, Music & Sports majors.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Eligibility Criteria of the scholarship
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- (※Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold
- Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.)
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1975) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients.
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor‟s, Master‟s or Doctoral degree by August 31st, 2020.
- Doctoral Program Applicants: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master‟s degree
- Master‟s Program Applicants: Must hold a Bachelor‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor‟s degree
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED‟s designated Korean universities
※ GPA: Grade Point Average, CGPA: Cumulative (overall) Grade Point Average
- All applicants must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following from their respective universities:
- 2.64 on a 4.0 scale;
- 2.80 on a 4.3 scale;
- 2.91 on a 4.5 scale;
- 3.23 on a 5.0 scale; or
- Score percentile: 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one‟s class (Exception: Previous or current GKS scholars must hold the grade of 90% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 10% within one‟s class)
○ Refer to Appendix A for the GPA Conversion table
- If an applicant has a CGPA below the minimum grade requirement, the applicant will be disqualified and the application will be disregarded.
- If an applicant holds a transcript that does not include information on grade point average or is unable to convert his or her grades into any one of the GPA criteria mentioned above, then the applicant must submit an official document issued by the applicant‟s university describing the university‟s grade system.
HOW TO APPLY
|Follow us on FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER