Deadline: July 31, 2020 11 PM EST
Applications are now open for Macquarie University 2021 International Research Training Program scholarship (iRTP) and International Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship Program scholarship (iMQRES).
The main scholarship round for international candidates is the International Research Training Program scholarship (iRTP). The International Research Training Program is the Australian Commonwealth Government scholarship scheme for supporting international higher degree research candidates.
Macquarie University offers available awards to eligible candidates in accordance with the MQ Research Training Program Scholarship Policy, and the Macquarie University HDR Scholarship Rating Criteria.
Selection processes for candidates to be awarded the International Research Training Program Scholarship (iRTP) and International Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (iMQRES) will also include considerations of the Research Environment.
This may include an evaluation of the alignment of the candidate’s project with Macquarie University’s research strategy and research priorities, the quality of the supervisory team and the international standing of the research.
Benefits of the scholarship
Successful IRTP Scholarship holders will receive:
- The scholarship covers tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum
- Stipend (tax-exempt, indexed annually, 2020 rate $28,092 p.a.)
- Travel Concession (applied to local transport OPAL Card)
Successful iMQRES candidates will receive:
- Tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum
- Stipend (tax exempt, indexed annually, 2020 rate $28,092 p.a.)
This Awards will only be available to applicants meeting the Eligibility and Selection Criteria below:
- Applicants must be a citizen of countries other than Australia/New Zealand and not Australian Permanent Residents
- Must have already completed or expect to complete a research Masters degree in 2020
- Will be enrolling as full-time students
- The applicant will undertake a Masters of Philosophy or Doctorate in 2021
- Must intend to reside in Sydney, Australia during their award tenure, unless on approved overseas research leave.
The Awards will not be available to these people below:
- The person receiving another equivalent or major award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program
- The person that has already completed a higher degree in research at the same level or at a higher level than the proposed candidature in the same program of study
- The person that provides false or misleading information to the University. Where there is reason to believe this condition has not been upheld, the University reserves the right to reassess the student’s entitlement to the award.
Nominate a hardworking youth leader for the Opportunities Worldwide Global citizen Prize
However, the The Award-holders may:
- Be in receipt of minor awards, allowances or other earnings which are supplementary to an iRTP or iMQRES, or derived from part-time work undertaken within the guidelines set by the relevant scholarship conditions
- Receive stipend top-up funding from industry or other sources to a maximum equivalent of 75% of the basic Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate
- Be in receipt of additional funds for fieldwork, equipment, and other such expenses not covered by the award.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants applying for an iRTP will be automatically considered for the University-funded International Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship program (iMQRES) in the same round.
Applicants should select International HDR Main Scholarship Round as the Scholarship type in their application. All applicants must read the additional information for applicants for important information regarding the application process.
- Applications for commencement in Session 1 (January) and Session 2 (July) in 2021 will open on 6 May 2020 and close on 31 July 2020, 11:59PM (AEST). We encourage applicants to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline.
Please note that all dates refer to Sydney, Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- International Scholarship round outcomes will be issued in the last quarter of 2020, with candidates expected to commence their scholarship in 2021.