Deadline: July 31, 2020
Atlantic Trading Company in Liberia is seeking qualified candidates to occupy the position of Warehouse Manager.
The warehouse manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Atlantic Trading Company’s warehouse. The manager will supervise the warehouse team and its activities. Ensuring efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of goods. Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, like coordinating the movement of goods, arranging pick-ups and tracking movement, etc., you’ll manage people, processes, and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity and quality targets are met. The manager should be a proactive leader anticipating risk and mitigating them before they happen.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Warehouse Manager will be accountable for supply chain operations, logistical process, development, planning and
- execution, customer and client interaction/business partnership, systems/data management and reporting, and people, talent & budget management.
- Develops and execute health & safety plans for the facility and workplace.
- Evaluating practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and executing health and safety plans in the workplace to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain and manage a result-driven relationship with all suppliers to ensure a consistent supply of cocoa from all partners in the supply chain.
- Ensure production and processing targets are met at all times
- Ensure quality objectives and the delivery deadline for storage and export are met
- Support the operations manager in directing the aggregation process from the farm gate through to the central warehouse
- Maintain accurate and systematic statistical and financial records at all times
- Ensuring compliance with health safety and regulatory legislations
- Collaborate with the freight manager in preparing shipments for export
- Supervise weighing and testing processes and ensure all data is correctly recorded
- Keep unauthorized persons out of the warehouse.
- Developing and implementing SOPs for the warehouse
- Planning future warehouse capacity requirements.
- Maintaining accurate staff attendance records.
- Ensuring products are stocked correctly and safely
Skills & Experience:
Applicant must have 3-4 years’ experience working with Cocoa Producer Groups in Liberia
Applicants Strong understanding of Liberia’s Cocoa Sector
Must have strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
Must be Highly pro-active and independent
Strong in systems thinking
Must be Innovative and creative
Must be capable of building collaborative working relationships
Must have the ability to handle multiple projects
Excellent in priority setting and execution skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong understanding of Cocoa a) supply chain management, b) quality Control and c) grading – best practices
Strong understanding of traceability systems implementation best practices
Extensive experience training warehouse staff on warehouse management and quality control processes
Experience co-designing and implementing agribusiness supply chain development interventions
Experience using a computer and sending emails
Strong understanding of MS Excel and MS Outlook
Perform any task that may be assigned
HOW TO APPLY
All those interested and qualify for the job should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is July 31,2020