Deadline: June 27, 2022
Hiring Agency: Embassy MonroviaPosition
Title: Human Resources Clerk (Open to All Interested Applicants/All Sources)
Open Period: 06/21/2022 – 06/27/2022 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone:GMTSeries/
Grade:LE – 0305 6
Salary: USD $15,700
Promotion Potential :LE-6Duty
Location(s): 1 in Monrovia, LI
For More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FSN-06 is FP-08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Candidates/ All SourcesSecurity Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background InvestigationAppointment TypePermanentAppointment Type Details:• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary periodMarketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.Summary:
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 of hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (2 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:NoBack to top
The position is located in the Human Resources (HR) and reports directly to the Human Resources Specialist. The position is at the front desk and as such, requires the incumbent to be professional to greet and assist all visitors and callers to the office. Incumbent will be the customer service provider for all walk-ins to the HR section as well as answering phone inquiries transferred by the switchboard. Performs or provides assistance with general office support including but not limited to handling paper flow, preparing routine documents, and assuring that information is properly shared between different sections of the HR office. Answers general HR related queries from external visitors and callers, coordinates logistics for official visits and representational events. Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or clerical field is required.Education Requirements:
Completion of high school is required.Evaluations:
LANGUAGE: English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Reading, Writing, and Speaking. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, and Internet); math skills; ability to draft letters, memos, and documents in English in precise grammar and spelling required. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. Also, the link below is a video guide for the use of the new ERA (Electronic Recruitment Application) platform, to apply to Locally Employed Staff vacancies in the United States Diplomatic Missions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not cut, copy and paste your current job duties; please describe your daily duties in your own words. You must be able to support all answers with detailed examples. You must address each required qualification listed with specific information supporting each item. HR will shortlist an applicant only on the basis of the information provided within ERA. Additional information provided in a resume or CV uploaded in ERA will not be consider for qualification.
When providing information about current/previous jobs, please be sure to list the name of the company or organization you worked for. Do not list the name of the CEO, supervisor or manager as the “Employer.” Required Documents:
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested certificate/diploma as evidence of meeting the educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Copy of high school certificate/diploma
- Residency and Work Permits (For Non-Liberians not on the order of a US Direct Hire assigned at U.S. Embassy in Liberia)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- COM Approval for Members of Household
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. HR reserves the right to decline request from a candidate, if there is a reason to do so.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Liberia..