Deadline: January 15, 2020 🕰
The Government of Hungary is offering scholarship opportunities to eligible individuals to full time fully funded degree programs at various Hungarian Universities throughout the country for the academic year 2020/2021. The scholarship will cover full tuition, accommodation in a share a room, medical insurance and monthly standard of 150 euros for undergraduate & Master students while Research students will receive 450 euros.
The program, which has been agreed between the Ministries responsible for education in Hungary and the sending states and between institutions, is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements The network currently comprises about 70 sending partners on 5 different continents and extends the program’s geographical reach every year. Every year, in Hungary, thousands of students from all over the world apply. The number of applicants for Stipendium Hungaricum and the number of places of study available are steadily growing. Over 4,500 bursaries were issued in 2019.
Overview of the scholarship 🇭🇺
- The scholarship is open to members of the partnering countries that are listed below.
- Bachelor, Bachelor, One-tier Master’s, doctoral and non-graduate (preparatory and specialty) programs are available for Stipendium Hungaricum. Remember that only for bachelor, master, master and non-degree programs is this application call.
- The applicant will study at various partnering institutions throughout the country for the duration of their program.
Benefits of the scholarship 💵
- No application fees required to apply.
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- The successful candidate will receive Monthly stipend – non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- Accommodation contribution – You will be provided free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Students are cover under Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca EUR 195) a year/person.
- Open to partnering countries here
- Must be 18 years and above before August 31, 2020
- Not be a Hungarian citizen or permanent resident of Hungary to be eligible.
HOW TO APPLY