|⌛️ Deadline: April 8, 2020|
📅 Event Date: October 14-17
🇩🇪 Country: Germany
🏆 Funding: Fully Funded
🏠 Institution: One Young World
🌍 Eligibility: African Countries
Are you a change-maker and a global citizen from Africa? If yes then the Leading Africa Scholarship is an effort to make the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich inclusive of outstanding youth from Africa.
With more than 60 percent of its population under 25, Africa is the world’s largest nation of young people. The Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a life-line for this young and insecure population, with 72 percent of its labor in “vulnerable” jobs and many countries facing threats of government and violent extremism. They can turn their regions, be it in the areas of government, electricity, infrastructure, medicine or beyond, because of their large number.
It is young leaders who create concrete strategies for creating a more prosperous area in the midst of those challenges and opportunities.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
- The scholarship recipient will have access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 30
- Applicants must have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Applicants must demonstrate a capacity for leadership Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Applicants must have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the eligible African countries.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online via ONE YOUNG WORLD website below and remember the scholarship is competitive, no incomplete application will be accepted.