Deadline: July 31, 2020
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study in graduate courses at Japanese universities as Research Students (either regular students or non-regular students) under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program as follows.
* DEFINITION OF “RESEARCH STUDENTS”
Those who are enrolled in a master’s course, a doctoral course, or a professional graduate course at a graduate school, or who are conducting research in a specialized field at an undergraduate department, graduate school, institute attached to a university, etc. without the aim of completing the course, or who are receiving preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects prior to placement at the university, etc. (Excluding Young Leaders’ Program Students or Teacher Training Students.)
MEXT accepts applications from international students to study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions. Our aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan.
- Age: Applicants, in principle, must have been born on or after April 2, 1986.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. Applicants must also have the ability to do research and adapt to living in Japan.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan. （* Only shortlisted applicants will submit medical certificate. The Embassy of Japan in Ghana will inform those who will submit the medical certificate )
- Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan during the period specified by the accepting university within two weeks before and after the starting date of the university’s relevant academic term (September or October) 2021.
*For other detail information on qualifications and conditions, please read Application Guidelines carefully. You can find guidelines within the website below;
2. Form Distribution
Qualified candidates may download application forms from the website below;
3. Application Form Dispatch
Completed application forms should be sent to;
The Registrar, Scholarship Secretariat
P.O. Box M75, Accra
Tel: 0302 662681/662732
4. Deadline for Form Submission
(Fri) 31st July 2020