Deadline: February 28, 2021
Applications for the most prestigious Islamic Development Bank scholarship is now in progress till February 28, 2021. The scholarship is intended to attract the brightest students from its member countries to study at any institution around or at its partnering institutions. Before applying you are required to overview the requirement, process of application to see if you meet the guideline set by the scholarship committee.
With a recognition of the importance of social development and sustainable development of skilled human resources, the IsDB has taken steps in tandem with its development funding program to improve human resources in member countries. The scholarship program offered is Undergraduate, Master, Ph.D. and Vocational training program for citizens of members state.
Overview of the scholarship
- This bursary system is an important part of IsDB’s development initiatives aimed at encouraging technology and the exchange of information between its leaders and Muslim communities in non-MPs. It is designed to attract talented men and women and to create the right skills to empower communities and meet national and global goals of sustainability with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The collaboration system is currently being developed successfully with Cambridge Universities, Oxford Universities, London Queen Mary University in the UK, Copenhagen University in Denmark and McGill University in Canada. The IsDB also has partners with the Education Minister in Malaysia, the Turkey Council, the Moroccan International Cooperation Agency (AMCI), the National University of Uzbekistan and the Informatics Technologies University in Tashkent, that are generous enough to grant the IsDB free or subsidized fees to its students.
- Selected students study in their respective countries at universities. Nevertheless, in an extraordinary way, IsDB can support some students in selected universities in its Member States from some selected countries to be put. The IsDB plans to position the candidates chosen for the bursary in the top ten universities in each country of recipients and around the world.
- An STI (Senior Advisor for Science, Technology, and Innovation) chairs, which includes academics in all development-related fields, the selection of candidates. In order to identify the candidates with the best potential to be eligible, following completion of their undergraduate studies, the Committee screens and ranks the applicants based on their own selection criteria, in accordance with the Program’s standards for eligibility, selection criteria, and their respective countries.
Benefits of the scholarship
- The scholarship will cover full tuition for the successful candidate
- A monthly stipend will be provided to cover personal expenses
- Medical insurance at government hospitals
- Return economy class plane ticket will be provided also to the student
- Citizen of Islamic Development Bank members states and the Muslim community in a non-member state
- Have a good academic score
- Have completed high school (grade 12) studies
- You should not be in possession of any other scholarship
- Be physically and medically fit and to prove that you must be willing to do a medical test.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online completely free with no application fees attached.