Deadline: December 28, 2020
The International Women’s Scholarship (ISW) will be awarded to the women in the United States (US) universities for full-time research or study. Under this scholarship funded by SheBegan Women’s Journal, all graduates and postgraduate educations are supported at recognized Canadian or U.S. institutes. The International Scholarship for Women (ISW) has been in operation since 1998. The International Women’s Scholarship (ISW) program provides scholarships for women in the U.S. pursuing full-time graduate, undergraduate, or postdoctoral programs.
Women who show previous commitment to charitable or voluntary work to empower women in their particular fields and also women through educational, community or civic work will be given first preference.
- Health insurance in sponsorship with Sunlife insurance company
- Expense on Return flight: US$1600 (Once per anum)
- Undergraduate degree sponsorship: US$18,000
- Master’s/first professional degree sponsorship: US$28,000
- Doctoral degree sponsorship: US$26,000
- Postdoctoral degree sponsorship: US$32,000
- Books & Literature expense: US$1000 per year
- Monthly stipend of US$1200 for an undergraduate student, US$1600 for Master student, US$1800 for Doctoral Student, and flexible package for post-doctorate student
- Except for Iran ISW sponsorship is available for women from any other country.
- The age requirement for degree programs depends on the University requisites.
- Hold an educational grade (received abroad or in the U.S.) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. for enrollment application on master’s program, hold a degree equivalent to a master degree in the U.S. to apply for a doctoral grade program, or hold a valid doctoral degree to apply for a post-doctorate position.
- Committed to dedicate herself to the intended educational plan, if selected. A commitment letter needs to be signed by the candidate upon receiving the ISW Scholarship.
- Plan to go back to her home nation to take up a professional occupation.
- Be competent in English. Unless the candidate can confirm that her resident lingo is English (statement required in writing), that she obtained her undergraduate degree or secondary diploma that was taught in English language (transcript needed), or that she needs to submit a letter that provides evidence of her work as a full-time researcher enrolled in English taught program (transcript needed – English Proficiency Certificate needed), IELTS, or English language proficiency evidence is mandatory.
- By April 15, 2020, the candidate must have received a conditional admission letter from a U.S. University.
- Master’s professional-grade fellowships are meant for professional or master’s degree-level curriculums, for example, MS, L.L.M., J.D., Arch. Or M.F.A., or medical degrees, for instance, D.D.S., M.D., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are meant for Ph.D. degrees, for instance, Ed.D or Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates should present evidence of their doctorate degrees; holding a doctorate graded as a research degree (for example, M, D.B.A. Ed.D., Ph.D.,) or by April 15. 2020 an M.F.A.; & specify University and laboratory names where the candidate will carry out their research study.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a full-time degree program. ISW does not offer sponsorship for a part-time course or research or study.
- ISW does not provide sponsorship for distance-learning programs, language courses, exchange program courses, and short duration courses.
How to apply
Eligible women interested to get funding for education in the U.S. have two chances in 2021 to submit the application. The deadline for the selection of the first batch is December 28, 2020, and the deadline for the second batch is April 30, 2021. All the applications will be screened first to sort eligible and deserving candidates on top of the list and then those candidates may receive web-based interview call letters for the evaluation of final selection. Women from all countries except Iran are eligible to apply for both sessions in 2021. Start here with your applications for the ISW scholarship