Deadline: February 12, 2020
Application has commenced for the GSK scholarships in the United Kingdom for Future Health Leaders from Africa. It aims to attract young talents in the field of health sciences residing in the African region, specifically the Sub-Saharan region in Africa. For the academic year 2020, three (3) scholarships are being offered in the field of healthcare systems and health-related research resources in Africa to support the training and development of the next generations of global medical leaders in the world. Africa has been the most underdeveloped continent in the world for many years with the poorest health system, there is a need to train young people to solve these problems, that’s why this award is very important.
The amount of award provided:
- To support those candidates the bursary will cover full tuition throughout the duration of the program which will also include fees for a field trip.
- Notwithstanding of the tuition fees, the candidates will receive a tax-free stipend British Pound of 17,175.00 to cover expenses.
With that, all been said you must meet the eligibility criteria to participate in this program, all interested Liberians must read this very carefully.
Eligibility criteria to participate in the program.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country with a valid passport, or National Identification card, and also be residing there when you apply.
- Your intention must be genuine meaning you are expected to return home upon the completion of your studies to help develop your country with the knowledge you gained.
- This scheme is for people who can not afford the tuition fees if you can afford you must not apply, however, if you can’t afford this will be beneficial. With the application process, there will be a supplementary application to demonstrate your financial situation.
- Programs taught in the University are in English as well as for this program also, if English is not your first language you will have to demonstrate your proficiency with an international language exam like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Since this is a master level program you must have obtained a first degree to enable your eligibility.
- The last and important this is that all applicants must apply for admission for the 2020-2021 school year at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine before the deadline on February 12, 2020.
The Applications process are as follow:
- As was mention before to apply you must have applied for admission into the Master level program with a valid offer of a place before applying.
- After you received your unconditionally offer of a place in the program then there is a separate application process also for the scholarship. All incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must only apply for one scholarship as multiple applications will not be a review, make sure you upload all documents.