Deadline: January 31, 2020
Government of France call on African entrepreneur to apply for the 1,000 African Entrepreneurs Challange. The challenge was announced at the press conference presenting the 2020 Africa-France Summit that was held in Bordeaux, France on September 17, 2019, and is a combined initiative of Digital Africa. 1,000 African entrepreneurs will be selected to come and present their solution at the Cite’ des Solutions. The Cite’ des Solutions is given to project and solutions for the city and sustainable regions which will be held during the 20th edition of the Africa-France Summit from June 4, 5 and 6, 2020.
Overview of the competition
selection of entrepreneurs will meet the following criteria set:
- You must be an African entrepreneur, having an activity related to one of the 7 districts of the Cité des Solutions
- Gender equality
- Geographic balance of origin of Entrepreneurs
- Balance of themes in the 7 districts (Access to essential services, Nourish cities, Develop and beautify the city, Move around the city / visit the city, Live in the city, Finance and structure projects, Connect the city)
- You must be the bearer of an innovative or duplicable solution, at low cost and strong impact to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view
- You must be registered on the Digital Africa platform to be eligible.
Before you apply for the 1000 Challenge, you must meet the following fundamental requirements:
- We are only accepting African entrepreneur, having an activity related to one of the 7 districts of the Cité des Solutions
- Your company must have a legal existence (status filed)
- Your company must have a growing turnover viable product or solution
The committee will pay more attention to these:
- Gender parity is promoted for females candidates
- The entrepreneur regional diversity of origin
- Most importantly the balance of themes in the 7 districts
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted online via the link below, please pay more attention to the questions and your responses. Good Luck! See you in France.