Deadline: August 10, 2020
DSM is offering DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Resources & Circularity to anyone around the world to attend One Young World in Germany.
The mission is to give people today and future generations a better life. In life sciences and material sciences, we integrate our unique competencies to create solutions that feed, protect and increase performance.
The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship will offer two scholarship opportunities to young leaders around the world, who are working to further the transition from a linear to a circular and/or bio-based economy. The scholarship focuses on DSM’s purpose-driven domain, Resources & Circularity. The mission of DSM is to secure the potential availability of natural resources and to extract greater value from the existing available resources. DSM relies on five circular drivers to develop and generate their solutions in order to achieve this twofold objective:
- To reduce the use of critical resources
- To replace scarce, hazardous and potentially harmful resources with renewable and safer alternatives
- To extend the lifetime of products
- To design for recyclability
- To recover waste streams
Benefits of the scholarship
- The scholarship recipient will have access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany
- Will have full access to hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The scholarship will cover the cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- A catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport will be available between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- The scholars will Participate in DSM’s internal onboarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities around the world
- Open to young people between the ages of 18-30 years
- Applicants must have three to five years work experience in business and most likely have their own establish business.
- Open to change makers, global citizen and entrepreneurs
The One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Their evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Their demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Their understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Their track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
- The One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants making a positive impact on accelerating the transition towards a circular and/or bio-based economy in one (or more) of the following ways:
- Materials innovation & design: redesigning, or designing new materials by addressing any one (or more) of DSM’s five circularity drivers as outlined above – Reduce, Replace, Extend, Design, Recove
- Entrepreneurship: contributing to circularity by implementing new business models in the following markets: Buildings (including interior) & construction, Textiles, Heavy Marine & Fishing industry, Electronics, Automotive, Food packaging, 3D printing.
- Advocacy and shaping opinions: raising awareness and having a leading voice in the transition towards a circular & bio-based economy
- Clean up initiatives: driving clean up initiatives on waste, by not only cleaning up but also by viewing waste as a resource
- Digitalization: using new technologies to support radical transparency, and to keep materials at their highest utility and value
HOW TO APPLY
Application is done online via the link below