|⌛️ Deadline: May 27, 2020|
🇩🇪 Country: Munich, Germany
💼 Program: One Young World Conference
🏆 Funding: Fully Funded
🌏 Eligibility: Open to All
Call for application for the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship In Germany. The conference brings together diverse young people from around the world making a positive impact in their communities the opportunity to learn from peers and mentors.
Training remains at the center of sustainable development. Currently, 1,8 billion (aged 10-24) young people worldwide do not have the requisite abilities for the evolving global workforce. Training is the foundation of sustainable development. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations clearly accept that this divide should be closed, provided that the international community discusses more specifically the problems of quality and equality in education.
At Deloitte, we are collaborating with stakeholders across the business, government, and civil society to prepare 50 million lives for a world of opportunity by 2030. We are applying our core skills, experience, and global reach to make an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunity, in line with SDG 4 – Quality Education and SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, we’re proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2020 which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany on 14 – 17 October 2020.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy.”
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunities for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online completely free, with no application fees.