Deadline: April 30, 2020
Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based programs. For the academic year 2020/2021, a total of eight scholarships are available, designated for students from developing countries and countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
- From the year 2020 on, the scholarship is administered as a one-time lump-sum payment of CZK 75 000 (approx. EUR 3 000) to selected students to support the student’s necessary living costs.
- There is no tuition fee waiver as a part of the scholarship. Although we would like to continue the development scholarship scheme annually, this is a subject to our receiving further funding for future years. At present, therefore, we cannot guarantee that similar scholarships will be available for students’ in the forthcoming years.
- The scholarship will be awarded to students studying in one of the Faculty’s fee-based study programs in one of the first three years of study for Bachelor’s programs or the first two years of study for Master’s programs.
- This means the application can be submitted by current students in the first or second year of Bachelor’s studies or the first year of Master’s studies, or by a fresh applicant to any of our fee-based programs.
- All the applicants have to be from developing countries and countries going through a process of political and economic transition and have to state their needs of financial support within the application.
HOW TO APPLY?
The application has to be submitted complete (with all necessary documents), and all submitted documents have to be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
The application has to be submitted to:
Kateřina Frídlová (Hollar Building, room 216),
the International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1, Czechia.
Scanned copies sent by email can be considered as a temporary measure in specific cases. However, originals have to be delivered as well. The final decision regarding such applications cannot be made until originals have been received.
Application has to include the following documents:
- completed application form
- motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why you need a scholarship, and what you hope to gain from your studies at Charles University
- two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know you from your previous studies, including confirmation of your financial need (for fresh applicants for our programs)
- one letter of recommendation from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies at the Faculty, including confirmation of your financial need (for current students of our programs).