Deadline: May 1, 2020
The Private Financial Advisory Network (PFAN) initiated a call for proposals in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as in Asia for climate and renewable energy initiatives and companies. Registered advisors will advise selected projects without costs and benefit from PFAN’s Investment Facilitation services until they are ready for investments. Companies that are dedicated to promoting or extending renewable energy or other programs related to climate change and are encouraged to request an investment of up to $50 million. It is an open call without a deadline for proposals.
- Free one-to-one coaching by climate and clean energy financing experts in your country or region: our experts know what investors look for and will help you structure and refine your business plan, and create a pitch that will get investors interested.
- Free investment-readiness assessments: together with your coach, our dedicated Investment Facilitation Team will periodically review your project to see whether it is ready for commercial investment.
- Personalized investor matchmaking services: once your project is investment-ready, the Investment Facilitation Team will provide introductions to investors.
- The opportunity to participate in PFAN Investment Forums: the most promising projects will be invited to pitch directly to investors at a PFAN Investment Forum. These Forums also offer great opportunities to network with investors, other entrepreneurs, and international experts. The best pitch at each Forum receives a PFAN Climate & Clean Energy Investment Forum Award.
- Technical assistance and deal-making facilitation: once an investor has shown serious interest in your project, technical assistance can be provided if deemed necessary to move a deal forward. Your coach and the Investment Facilitation Team will support you throughout the deal-making process, to ensure you get the best investment deal for your project.
- PFAN accepts applications for projects in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, Central America and Caribbean Islands (see below for a full list of eligible countries).
- To be eligible for PFAN support, your project or business must provide climate change adaptation benefits, or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services, including, but not limited to, the activity areas below. PFAN is technology-neutral, which means we do not prefer any technology over any other.
- Proposals should demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable, and requires no or only minimal grant funding. If your project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
HOW TO APPLY
All project applications must be made online through PFAN’s Climate Invest Portal. The application consists of an online form and three documents: a Project Proposal, a Financial Model and an Executive Summary.