Deadline: May 31, 2020
Applications for the Young Political Leadership School Africa Semester 7 has been extended till May 31, 2020. It is a Political Leadership and Campaign Training Program for Emerging African Leaders.
A cohort of 75 emerging African leaders (age 18 to 35) engaged in public service, leadership, policy activism, entrepreneurship, networking, policy campaigning, and community-organization, etc. is opened every year at the Young Political Leadership School Africa (YPLS Africa) in Monrovia, Liberia. Since April 2016, the YPLS Africa initiative has featured 505 young leaders and activists from across Africa.
The program brings together young leaders and youth advocates with a passion for good governance, policy reform, government accountability and the mobilization of their communities to ensure that the public has responsibility for elected officials. Participants network with peers of the same view to develop the skills required to play an active role in their respective countries’ political and governance processes. The YPLS Africa is a great forum that politically transforms Africa by means of competent, accountable, open and sensitive young African leaders and strengthens democratic governance.
- Electoral Reform and Management
- Anti-Corruption, Transparency, and Accountability in the Public Sector
- Civil Engagement and Inclusive Participation in Democratic
- Leadership Development (Young Political Leaders)
- Parliamentary Leadership
- Women Political Leadership, Representation, and Participation
- Campaign Planning and Management
- Fellows will enjoy ongoing support, mentorship, and coaching throughout the program.
- Fellows will gain experience, new skills, and build networks that will be useful in their professional growth.
- Fellows will receive a certificate of completion, branded t-shirts, bags, and other training materials.
- Fellows will receive a Personal Leadership Development Plan
- Meals and local transportation costs for international students will be provided during the five-day training in Liberia as well as lunch for all participants.
- Applicant must be a college student, graduate, or active youth leader aged 18- 35 years,
- Applicant must be a resident of an African country
- Applicant must demonstrate a high level of interest in politics, leadership and community service
- Applicant must demonstrate the commitment to learning and sharing their knowledge and skills with others
- Applicant must demonstrate the commitment to implementing practicum/follow up events and actively engage in networking and the YPLS Africa Alumni Association,
- The applicant must have the ability to communicate clearly and be proficient in reading and writing English.
- Youth activists, young politicians or political candidates, student leaders, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications is done online completely free no fees
All selected participants (International and National) must pay USD 200,00 for registration to participate in the program and all International participants will be responsible for transportation and lodging during their stay in Liberia. The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on 31 May 2020. (GMT). GMT).