|Job Title: Finance Officer.|
Location: Cestos City, Rivercess
County Reporting Line: Accountant
Position Type: Full Time
Deadline: August 7, 2020
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Finance Officer will support field operations by ensuring funds availability to implement field activities while at the same time making sure the organization is in compliance with organizational & donor policies, as well as procedures and policies.
What You Will Do
- Disburse of all petty cash request once approved.
- Reconciling the petty cash balance weekly and compare it with all GL Posting.
- Support authorized payments to CHAs of incentives and programmatic disbursements.
- Provide backup for County Accountant
- Support documentation for all cash maintained both physical and soft copy attached to every transaction in NetSuite.
- Maintain activity advances schedule monthly and reconcile it against GL.
- Ensure no activity advance is older than one month from the date of disbursement without written justification.
- Safeguarding cash in the cash box and in the safe
- Preparing funding requests to replenish the petty cash box as needed
- Bank withdrawals based on authorized requests
- Any other task as assigned
What You Will Bring
- Diploma in a business-related field (Preferable Finance/Accounting)
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with different departments
- 3 years of relevant experience in (NGO related) finance role.
You Will Impress Us If
- You have done this work in the health sector
- NGO Financial Management Training