Deadline: February 14, 2020
The co-manager of the International English Language Testing System, British Council is calling on enthusiastic individuals working in the field of journalism to apply for its upcoming conference on future news in United Kingdon, London 2020. British Council aims for a full-length media training program to include 100 of the most talented, inspired and committed student journalists in the world. You will receive unique guidance from leading editors, radio stations, authors and journals worldwide and you will see how publishers around the world use technology to find and make their stories come alive as never before.
What you need to know
- Future News Worldwide is a partnership network of the British Council and some of the leading media organizations in the world. The goal is to encourage young people to develop a broad variety of journalism skills and to position the United Kingdom as a global leader in supporting young journalists and media.
- The conference will take place from July 14 – 15 at Sky Global Headquarters in London, England.
- 100 journalists from different backgrounds around the world will gather in London to grace the conference with representative from top media institutions in the world.
Benefits of the conference
- Selected participants will receive a full round trip plane fare from their home country to London with economy class.
- Accommodations and feeding will also be covered by the organizer throughout the conferences for all delegates.
- Local transportation in London.
- Opportunity to meet like-minded comrades from different backgrounds of journalism including famous ones at the international level.
Eligibility criteria for participant
British Council wants to hear from you if you are a student or a recent graduate excited about journalism! You may apply for a seat at Future News Worldwide 2020, whether you’re a journalist, a blogger, a photographer, a radio reporter or work on any other media, as far as you satisfy the requirements listed below here:
- We looking for participants between the ages of 18 – 25 years old on July 1, 2020.
- Our conference will be conducted entirely in English with no translation services available, for this reason, we looking for native English speakers. If you are not a native speaker then you will be required to present an IELTS score of 6.5 as part of the requirement.
- The participant must be a registered student who has studied at university or higher education or has completed a postgraduate or undergraduate course (for any subject), has graduated from a graduate course after 1 July 2018.
- Every year the British Council looking to impact a new set of people, for this reason, we only accepted people who have not attended any of our conferences.
- As you already know the conference will be held from July 14 – 15 in London, you must be willing to travel to and from London on any date July 11 -16 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is done online completely and required the following: Two questions to be answered via video recording, an English language test score if available, and a professional reference letter from your manager, editor, teacher or past employer among others.