Deadline: August 7, 2020
Application is open for the Australian Government Research Training Program at Flinders University in Australia.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover.
Every year there is a small number of AGRTPS (up to 10) available and the bursary round is highly competitive. Candidates that demonstrate their excellent capacity for independent research are awarded the AGRTPS. Academic quality, academic research preparation and research metrics and results are taken into account. AGRTPS.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate), which is tax-exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Open to all nationalities except Australia and New Zealand
- All applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- All applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- All applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship.
HOW TO APPLY