Deadline: April 15, 2021
ArcelorMittal Liberia’s Advanced Academic Scholarship Announcement
The management of ArcelorMittal Liberia including the Advanced Academic Studies Scholarship (AAASS) Committee is pleased to announce the launch of the 6th batch of its Advanced Academic Scholarship program. The program supports students pursuing graduate (Master’s) and other advanced academic degrees in the following fields of study at foreign accredited degree-granting institutions:
- Civil Surveying
Guidelines for the scholarship are:
- Applicants must be Liberian citizens and MUST have resided in Liberia for at least two (2) academic years at the time of application.
- Applicants must provide proof of citizenship (any two of three national identification documents including a birth certificate, passport photo page or national identification card must be provided) and residential status by submitting a letter of confirmation from the applicant’s community leader.
- Applicants must also have undergraduate degrees and be 35 years or below at the time of application.
Interested candidates can submit completed application packages to AML Headquarters in Buchanan, Grand Bassa County, Yekepa (Nimba County) or its Monrovia Office in Clara Town. Completed applications can also be submitted to the Ministries of Education (Scholarship Department) and Mines &Energy (Office of the Assistant Minister, Mineral Exploration and Environmental Research). Full checklist for submission includes:
- Original degree for review and one copy of the degree for the file.
- Official transcript confirming a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average.
- Official letter of acceptance from a foreign accredited university.
- Two letters of recommendations from non-relatives of the applicant including one from a former supervisor and former/current departmental chairperson.
- Four passport size pictures; and waiver must be signed allowing schools to forward transcripts directly to the Committee. Waivers will be signed during the submission of a candidate’s application.
- Not less than a 500-word essay detailing three (3) ways in which the MDA scholarship will help the candidate positively impact Liberia.
Submission of applications starts on February 15, 2021 and ends on April 15, 2021. Candidates have up to June 30, 2021 to submit letters of acceptance from universities where admissions are being sought.
Signed: The Management of ArcelorMittal Liberia