|⌛️ Deadline: March 11, 2020|
🏆 Funding: Fully Funded
🌏 Region: Carribean
🌐 Eligibility: Open to All
Apply now to Win a Travel Writing Adventure to the Caribbean 2020. Three aspiring writers are sent by World Nomads to explore across the sandy Caribbean coasts and crystal-clear waters. On this 14-day trip, you will attend a workshop with Tim Neville, a contributing New York Times contributor, and put what you learned into practice.
To apply, applicants only need a 700-word travel story to apply your application.
The bursary is not open to any type of professional writer. In fact, this is a’ learning opportunity’ for someone who needs an introduction to the travel writing industry and who wants to be driven.
If you’ve been regularly published in commercial forums, articles, magazines or journals, we will find you to be a qualified author. If you receive more than 25% of your income from writing of any kind, we would also find you to be a professional writer.
We wouldn’t find this professional if you had only written a few stories or maintained a travel blog daily.
- Free flights
- Get round trip flights from your closest Caribbean international airport
- Professional Mentorship
- Participate in a 4-day workshop at Selina coworking space with Tim Neville
- 10 days trip
- Will go to the Caribbean with Bamba on a 10-day, all-expenditure trip
- Travel Apparel
- Be ready with Toad&Co sustainable clothing and supplies
- Portfolio review
- Get feedback from the broader editor, Norie Quintos, of Nat Geo Traveler
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance will be provided by World Nomads
- At the time of registration (before 11 March 2020) you need to be 18 years or older
- All nationalities have access to the scholarship. However, the degree to be considered for the scholarship must not be exceptionally high in written English. Please note: you do not need a certificate of competence in English to be submitted
- At least six months before expiry, you need a current passport. We will enable the winner to buy a visa and refund all related costs. The applicant will, however, be eligible for a visa to fly to Panama.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must only submit one story per person, make sure it is good enough
- All applicants must only be in English