Deadline: January 15, 2020
Application for the fully funded Hasan Leadership Institute program for college students and graduates in the USA 2020 is now in progress. The program is sponsor by Fred J. Hansen Foundation to attract talented, hardworking young university students from the USA and worldwide to attend an impactful leadership in July 2020.
Twenty-five young women and men from conflict areas throughout the world and the United States meet on the campus of San Diego University for this intensive life-changing initiative for three weeks every July. They join a group of Hansen Alumni who remain in close contact via various media and social networking sites when completed.
An international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience to create lasting relationships and develop skills and knowledge to encourage a more peaceful world are a primary purpose of this Institute. The aim is to create a new world of science and culture. The course includes immersive, hands-on training in the new conflict resolution, negotiation and intercultural discussion and leadership techniques. Local excursions and cultural events, including but not limited to the Balboa Park, the Sea World, the July fourth parade, a port cruise and a visit of the US-Mexican border, are accompanied by training classrooms.
- You must have a Diploma with 2 years of college/university or with an interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related fields of study.
- From 1 July 2020, students must be between 20 and 25 years old.
- Leadership capacity in the family, nation or area must be demonstrated outside the classroom.
- Have an educational advisor test the English skills of the applicant in writing. If required, have a valid U.S. international passport at the start of the programmed.
- The participant will receive round trip airfare from their country of residence to the USA.
- The participant will receive accommodation, feeding, and local transport throughout the program.
- The participant will receive a certificate of completion.
- The participant will gain leadership skills to solve problems in their communities.
- The participant will learn from like-minded comrades.
HOW TO APPLY?
All interested individuals must apply online through the institution website from October 20, 2019, to January 15, 2020.