Deadline: June 5, 2020
Applications for the Fully-Funded 2020 BeChangeMaker Africa is now in progress. It is A curriculum of online training that encourages action to tackle global problems through social enterprise and skills.
BeChangeMaker offers access to high-quality learning material in Real LIFE, start-up acceleration resources, dedicated coaching and mentoring, as well as a way to tap into the numerous global networks of potential investors and supporters. It also forms part of the 2021 initiative’s One Million African Union implementation.
BeChangeMaker (BCM) is a collaborative initiative that WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation have funded, developed and introduced. The BCM is a series of social entrepreneurship skills training programs that enable young people with skills and good ideas to explore their social entrepreneurial potential. The participants are young people aged from 18 to 35, who undergo or have completed education and training in general or technical matters. That team leader ensures that all team members have read these official rules and have approved them by sending the request form to WorldSkills International.
Benefits of the Training
- Customized post-program training will be given for the top five teams each worth EUR 1,000.
- In order to spend more on innovations, prizes, and awards, the three winning teams will receive a EUR 500 cash reward each.
- An extra EUR 1,500 cash reward is awarded to the number one team from the final competition.
- Be from 18 to 35 years old,
- Be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation,
- Join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum),
- Be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
How to Apply
- Step 1
- Form a team of 2 to 5 people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old, and choose a team leader. Share your challenge
- Step 2
- Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application. Submit your application
- Step 3
- Click on Apply below for the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team before 5 June. Please make sure that each of the team members has read and agreed to the Official Rules and created an account on HP LIFE to access the free courses before submitting the application.
- Step 4
- 30 teams will be selected to officially join the program. The announcement will be made on 15 June. Get ready!
- Step 5
- The program will kick off on 22 June with an orientation for the exciting three months of intensive and engaging training.