Deadline: May 30, 2020
On 15 February 1997, the African Center for Solidarity and Mutual Aid between Communities (CASEC) was created as an NGO for the reflection and implementation of the Community Development Action Plans in Africa. The Center is committed to fostering peace and unity among all peoples by designing economic activities that improve living circumstances and implementing a series of social actions in partnership with social organizations in order to optimize effects. The goal is to grow all African communities in a sustainable and integrated manner.
Since 2017, the Center has set up a unit dedicated solely to young people so that they can implement actions that can allow the inclusion of young people in development programs and policies.
In 2018, the Youth unit proposed the “Young Student, Heart of Sustainable Development” project. The target of the project is youth, especially young students and doctoral students from universities and schools. This project was marked by the national forum on the action for sustainable development and the role of youth in 2018 and the Student Youth Forum and sustainable development in 2019 ( www.casec-acsac.org/forum ). As key results, we have the participation of more than 2,000 young people from 12 countries, the establishment of Youth Talks ( www.casec-acsac.org/YouthTalks ), and the School of SDGs.
This year, CASEC is entering a new vision in the composition of its Youth team, it is betting to put young people at the heart of its actions. The Center, therefore, calls on young people with experience in community life or seeking to join it to join or form a regional, national, local or university team.
- Live a work experience in an international professional environment, while leading projects with people of diverse origins and cultures.
- To be able to contribute to CASEC’s Africa Eyes Magazine to boost your profile, your actions, and your research.
- Participate in the different programs of the Center (Glocal Empowerment Program – Youth Talks – Youth and Sustainable Development Forum)
- Receive a certificate from CASEC at the end of the term and nominations to participate in different programs.
- Improve your network and collaborate with different leaders and resource people from the African continent.
- Represent your country locally, regionally, or internationally and start your international career.
- Applicants for the CASEC Youth Representative Program must meet the following conditions:
- Be at least 20 years old for local and university representatives;
- Be at least 25 years old for national and regional representatives;
- Be present in the region, country or city for which they are applying;
- Actively participate in civil society and other initiatives related to Africa;
- Be able to communicate and work in English and / or French;
- Be motivated to contribute to the development of new ideas on Africa;
- Be ready to share your own challenges in your community and to work on Africa through Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in the request form
- Insert the link to your CV online
- Present a short video (3 minutes max) in which you briefly state what you consider to be the most important problem facing Africa today, and outline what you would do about it. Post the video on YouTube or another platform, and include the link in this form.
- PS. This program is unpaid. The representatives will work on a voluntary basis