Deadline: November 2, 2021
Serving the industry by creating and awarding fellowships and grants to high-potential individuals pursuing graduate and undergraduate degrees in concrete-related fields.
Important Information for Scholarship Applications
- ACI Foundation scholarships can be awarded to international students unless an award sponsor has a specific requirement for area or region of study.
- The award cycle for this application period is the 2022 fall semester through the 2023 spring semester.
- To be eligible for a graduate scholarship, you must be a full-time student in a master’s or PhD program during the entire award cycle. Applicants must not have exceeded their second year of a master’s program or fourth year of a PhD program.
- To be eligible for an undergraduate scholarship, the applicant must be a full-time undergraduate at the time of applying for and during the entire award cycle.
- The scholarship stipend is paid in two equal installments over one year to the financial aid/registrar office of the institution where the study program will be pursued. These funds will then be deposited into the recipient’s educational institution account.
- ACI Foundation fellowships can be awarded to international students; however, you must attend a U.S. or Canadian institution during the award cycle.
- Some of the fellowships expect the awardee to complete a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2022.
- Those applicants chosen as a finalist for an ACI Foundation fellowship will be notified by February 4, 2022 and must be available to attend an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, March 27, 2022, at the spring ACI Concrete Convention. ACI Foundation will pay for the flight, hotel, registration, and will include a travel stipend.
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language. If English is not your native language, you can upload a copy of your TOEFL score to your application. This is optional and not required.
- The educational stipend is paid in two equal installments over the course of one year directly to the student to cover expenses related to tuition, room and board, books, student fees, etc. Receipt of stipends is contingent upon attendance at scheduled ACI Concrete Conventions during the award cycle.
- Fellowship awardees are expected to submit a written report near the end of their fellowship period describing the value of the fellowship to their personal development and to their preparation for their chosen career after graduation.