Deadline: July 17, 2020
The Prize is organized by the Trustees of The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering Foundation, whose registered address is at Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace London SW1Y 5DG, or such other successor charitable entity as may be set up to run the Prize and is notified to the nominees via the Prize website (the “Trustees”).
The Trustees will run the competition for the Prize every two years. The first Prize was presented by Her Majesty The Queen in spring 2013 at a ceremony in London, UK.
The Trustees will be advised by an international judging panel established by the Trustees (the “Judging Panel”) solely for the purposes of judging the Prize.
By entering for consideration for the Prize, nominees will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Rules and Conditions.
Entry to the Prize is open to:
- any living individual (or not more than five living individuals working as a team);
- of any nationality;
- who is personally responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering which has been of global benefit to humanity. Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The Trustees reserve the right to reject any nomination where, in their reasonable opinion, there is or is likely to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and any other nomination or the Prize more generally.
The winners will be awarded:
- a total cash prize of £1 million (one million GBP); and
- appropriate memorabilia to be decided by the Trustees in their sole discretion (the “Prize”). In the event that the Prize is received by more than one individual (but not more than five individuals, as above) collaborating under a single nomination, the Prize money will be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the advice of the Judging Panel.
Start and closing date
All nominations and Referee endorsements must be received by their respective closing dates to be considered for selection to win the Prize. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed in transit or submission to the Trustees.
HOW TO APPLY
Guidance for how to make a nomination is as follows. If you need help or have questions about making a nomination, please email firstname.lastname@example.org: